Business P&Ps (Policies & Procedures) and a blank template available free for your business to download include the Absence Policies & Procedures, Disability, Dress Code, Drug & Alcohol Testing (2 Samples), EEO, Employee Email, Ethics, Internet Use (2), Cell Phone Use, Expense & Travel Guidelines, Maintenance of Employee Records, Overtime Policy, Privacy in Workplace, Probationary Period, Progressive Discipline, Smoking, Time Off (Includes 9 different samples and an Accounting P&P Manual.
The Human Resources department along with many other departments throughout your business includes forms and P&Ps. Without these your company could not function within the guidelines of the law, no matter which state you live in.
These samples are available below for your small business to use as a guide to help create P&Ps of your very own. (Note: After using these sample P&Ps you must revise them to fit your business and state requirements and you need to have your company lawyer look over them before you use them to make sure you’re in compliance in every area.)
If you have employee benefits, then check out the sample Disability P&P and Time Off P&P below.
The Long-Term and Short-Term Disability P&P below is an 11 page sample of disability benefits. Whether your company is thinking about offering disability benefits or not it is good to know what a typical disability P&P contains. It paints a picture to the employer of what his or her obligations will be and what expectations you are creating among your employees.
This P&P contains samples for both long and short-term disability plans. These samples will help provide insight into many of the issues you will have to consider such as the amount and types of benefits to make available, the types of medical and other information that could be required, and eligibility for participation in the disability plan. This information can help you make better choices about what to include in your small business disability plan.
The Privacy in the Workplace P&P below is a 1 page privacy P&P template. If you have ever wanted to monitor your employee’s email and business phone calls be sure to consult with your business attorney first because this is an area of employment law that is very highly controversial and complex. You just want to protect the very sensitive nature of the work of your business because your employees deal with your customers and you want to make sure they are treating the customers well, but before you do such monitoring be sure to check with your attorney. This sample P&P along with your attorney can help you set up a legally compliant program to monitor these employee communications.
The Time Off P&Ps (9 Different P&Ps) below are 18 pages of employee leave or time off sample templates to create your own P&Ps. It will address when an employee calls in sick enough to justify dismissal, how many days are appropriate to take off when a family member is sick or dies, paying an employee who is on jury duty or spending two weeks at reserve training, etc.
While it is possible to deal with each separate situation as it arises with each employee, it is better to have a consistent and clearly communicated P&P to make your life a whole lot easier. After employees read this P&P they will know exactly what to expect and you will not be faced with making administrative decisions each time a situation arises.
Business P&Ps (Click link below to access page.)
- Absence P&P (2 Samples) & Weekly Absence Record Form – There are 2 sample Absence P&Ps (1 stricter than the other) with a Weekly Absence Record form for employee’s managers to track their absences weekly.
- Business Accounting P&P Manual – This 22 page business manual for accounting is a sample of accounting P&Ps that your small business can download and print to use as a guide to create your own business financial manual.
- Cell Phone Use P&P (2 Samples) – Employee Cell Phone Use policies/samples to use as a guide to create one for your small business…
- Dress Code P&P (Sample) – This three page P&P is a great tool for your organization if you have employees to ensure they enter the workplace with the appropriate attire and hygiene.
- Drugs & Alcohol Testing P&Ps (2 Samples) – We have one sample P&P for small businesses who does not do drug or alcohol testing. We also have one sample for small businesses that does do drug and alcohol testing.
- Employee Email Policy – This is a two page policy on the rules of employee emails that you can use as a tool to create one for your small business.
- Equal Employment Opportunity P&P – This 2 page P&P is a very important for your small business and employees.
- Expense & Travel Guidelines P&P – This 5 page P&P is a very important tool to educate and guide your employees through the business expense reimbursement process.
- Internet Acceptable Use P&Ps (2) – There are two different sample Company Internet Acceptable Usage P&Ps to use to create your company P&P on employee internet use.
- Maintenance of Employee Records Policy (Sample) – There is one sample policy to use as a guide to create a policy for employee records maintenance for your small business…
- Overtime Guidance P&P – This eight page P&P contains three parts relating to overtime pay to help guide you.
- Probationary Period P&P – This is a policy to ensure that your staff at your small business knows that there is a probationary period when they are first hired that has to take place before they are officially hired permanently.
- Sexual Harassment P&Ps (2 Samples) & Harassment Investigation Guide – Two Sexual Harassment P&Ps available to download along with a Harassment Investigation Guide to use for your small business Human Resources Department.
- Smoking P&P – If your small business has rules on smoking in the workplace then make sure you have one of these documents in place for employees to read and sign.
- Workplace Privacy P&P – This policy on your employee’s privacy is a sample that can be used as a tool to create a policy specific to your small business or organization.
- Workplace Safety P&P – Workplace Safety P&P available to download along with a Hazard Communication Program Package.
Click on the link(s) to download the template(s) below:
Absence P&P (2 Samples) & Weekly Absence Record Form
[vc_column width=”1/4″]Cell Phone Use