We have Sample Request Form Templates, free to download, customize and print to use for your small business administrative office.
What are request forms used for in a small business?
Request forms are wonderful tools that businesses and all types of organizations use to request certain services, materials, time off and much more. These forms are also used to retrieve the person who is requesting these items contact information such as name, address, email, signature and much more.
The Maintenance Request Form is used to request or submit routine service requests or a work order for your department or building depending on your small business. This form includes 2 forms on 1 page for maintenance requests below and each request includes:
- Name and Address
- Date and Time
- Contact Information (Home, Work and Cell Number and Email)
- Entering the Property Information (Includes questions such as “Does work require us to enter property?” “If yes, can we enter property with a key?”)
- “When did the problem start?” “Explain the problem:” (Please fill out additional work orders if you have any additional problems such as leaky faucets, running toilets, or mold.)
- Reminder: Make sure your smoke and CO2 detectors have good batteries. Please be responsible and replace every 6-9 months.
- INTERNAL USE ONLY: Received Date/Time/Initials
The Overtime Compensatory Request Form is used for employees to request overtime that must be approved in advance from employee’s supervisor or manager. This is a one page request form which includes:
- Employee Name
- Employee ID
- Date(s) and Time(s) Requested
- Number of Hours Requested
- Explanation of Time Requested
- Note – Time should not be expended beyond amount approved.
- Method of compensation is for work performed which exceeds 40 hours in a given week (Non-Exempt Personnel)
- Method of Compensation: (Non-Exempt)- Checking which one applies: Compensation time at 1 ½ times the hourly time worked (requires 40 hours worked), Compensation time at straight time (less than 40 hours worked), Monetary payment at 1 ½ times the hourly rate upon approval from Director of Personnel (requires 40 hours worked), Monetary payment at straight time upon approval from Director of Personnel (less than 40 hours worked)
- Method of Compensation: (Exempt)– Checking which one applies: Excess Day (Exempt personnel who work days outside their calendar), Monetary payment
- Employee’s Signature and Date
- Supervisor’s Approval or Disapproval plus Supervisor’s Signature and Date
- If time is approved, complete the following section of the form after the duties have been performed. (Date, Hrs Worked, From, To, No. of Hrs., Employee’s Signature and Date and Supervisor’s Signature and Date)
- Instructions in Detail
Click on the link(s) to download the request form templates below: