Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (Sample)
The EEO – Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (Sample) is available free to download, customize and print for your small business or organization.
The EEO Policy and Procedure is essential to have if you have employees in your small business or organization.
This sample policy is a great tool to use as a guide to ensure a policy of your own for your small business policy and procedure manual.
The EEO Policy (Sample) below includes:
- Purpose – This policy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all [Company Name] employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or other unlawful discriminatory characteristics in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Procedure – [Company Name] expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employment harassment. Improper interference with the ability of the organization’s employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated. Moreover, the organization does not permit dating between staff members.With respect to sexual harassment, the organization prohibits:
- 1. Unwelcome sexual advance; requests for sexual favors; and all other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual or otherwise offensive nature, especially where: Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of employment; Submission to or rejection of such conduct is used as the basis for decisions affecting an individual’s employment; or Such conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
- 2. Offensive comments, jokes, innuendos, and other sexually oriented statements. Each member of the staff is responsible for creating an atmosphere free of discrimination, and harassment, sexual or otherwise. Further, employees are responsible for respecting the rights of their coworkers. If the employee experiences any harassment on the job, he or she should promptly report the incident to the immediate supervisor, who will investigate the matter and take appropriate action. The employee’s complaint will be kept confidential to the extent possible.
- If [Company Name] determines that an employee is guilty of harassing another employee, appropriate disciplinary action may be taken against the offending employee. [Company Name] prohibits any form of retaliation against any employee for filing a bona fide complaint under this policy or for assisting in a complaint investigation. However, if after investigating any complaint of harassment or unlawful discrimination, the organization determines that the complaint is not bona fide or that an employee has provided false information regarding the complaint, disciplinary action may be taken against the individual who filed the complaint or who gave the false information.
Download the EEO Policy (Sample) below for the rest of this sample policy.
Click on the link to download the policy and procedure below: