Company Policies (General Work Rules) Sample is available free to download, customize, print for your small business HR Department.
What are general work rules?
The general work rules are a list of minimum acceptable standards of conduct expected of all company employees.
The general work rules below has a list of behaviors that your company might consider unacceptable or you can customize this list to fit your company. This statement is included in rules: “Any employee found engaging in these behaviors will be subject to disciplinary actions including reprimand, warning, layoff or even dismissal if necessary.”
The Company Policies (General Work Rules) Sample below includes:
- [Company Name] wants to encourage a safe and pleasant work atmosphere. We can only achieve this when everyone is cooperative and commits to appropriate standards of behavior.
- The following is a list of behaviors that [Company Name] considers unacceptable. Any employee found engaging in these behaviors will be subject to disciplinary actions including reprimand, warning, layoff or even dismissal if necessary.
- List of Behaviors –
- 1. Failure to be at the work place, ready to work, at the regular starting time.
- 2. Willfully damaging, destroying or stealing property that belongs to fellow employees or [Company Name].
- 3. Fighting or engaging in horseplay or disorderly conduct.
- 4. Refusing or failing to carry out any instructions of a supervisor.
- 5. Leaving your work station (except for reasonable personal needs) without permission from your manager or supervisor.
- 6. Ignoring work duties or loafing off during working hours.
- 7. Coming to work under the influence of alcohol or any drug or even bringing alcoholic beverages or drugs into company property.
- 8. Intentionally giving any false or misleading information to obtain employment or a leave of absence.
- 9. Using any threatening or abusive language toward any fellow employee.
- 10. Punching another employee’s time card or falsifying any record.
- 11. Smoking contrary to established policy or violating another fire protection regulation.
- 12. Willfully or habitually violating safety or health regulations.
- 13. Failing to wear clothing conforming to standards set by the company.
- 14. Being tardy or taking unexcused absences from work.
- 15. Neglecting or not taking proper care of or abusing company equipment and tools.
- 16. Using company equipment in an unauthorized manner.
- 17. Possessing firearms or weapons of any kind on company property.
Click on the link to download the General Work Rules Sample below:
Company Policies (General Work Rules)