Employee Termination Forms, Contracts, Checklists, Report
Need forms to fire an employee? Download our Employee Termination Forms, Contracts, Checklists and 16 Page Report are available free for your small business.
The sample forms, contracts, checklists below are very important tools for your small business Human Resources when an employee has been fired or terminated.
The decision to terminate an employee for whatever reason can be a very uncomfortable and difficult decision. There are always some risks to your organization – Example: Employee could sue you for unlawful discharge.
The Employee Termination Contract (Sample) can be used as a guide to create one for your small business and includes:
- General Release for Employee Termination – Notice: Various state and federal laws prohibit employment discrimination based on age, sex, race, color, national origin, religion, handicap, or veteran status. These laws are enforced through the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, and state human rights agencies. (To continue download contact below.)
- General Release – As consideration for the following [list here the severance pay, extended benefits, or other valuable items you are agreeing to provide]: offered to me by [Company Name], I release and discharge [Company Name], its successors, subsidiaries, employees, officers and directors (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) for all claims, liabilities, demands and causes of action known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which I may have or claim to have against the Company as a result of this termination and do hereby agree not to file a lawsuit to assert such claims. (To continue download contact below.)
- Employee’s Signature and Date
- Authorized Company’s Signature and Date
The Dismissal – Termination Meeting Checklist (Sample) includes:
- Checklist – Conduct the meeting in sequence as follows: 1.Tell the employee the purpose of the meeting. There is no need to go through a step-by-step analysis of the documentation supporting the reason for discharge even though the reason for termination should be clearly communicated. 2. Advise that the decision is final and cannot be reversed. (To continue download checklist below.)
- Employee Exit Interview Form – This two page form includes questions for the employee exit such as: “How long were youemployed?” and a place for the employee’s signature and date.
(To continue download checklist below.)
When an employee leaves, it’s best to come to an agreement regarding what information relating to the former employee you will disclose and to whom it can be disclosed. The Employment Reference Release (Sample) includes:
- Acknowledgment – I acknowledge that I have been informed that it is [Company Name]’s general policy to disclose in response to a prospective employer’s request only the following information about current or former employees: (1) the dates of employment, (2) descriptions of the jobs preformed, and (3) salary or wage rates. (To continue download the Employment Reference Release below.)
- Employee’s Signature and Date
We have the 16 page Dismissal – Termination Report for Employees below to help make this process go a little smoother that includes these forms:
- Termination Report
- Exit Interview Checklist
- Notice to Employee: Change in Relationship
- Employee Action Report
- Exit Interview
- COBRA Qualifying Notice
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of Notification of COBRA Rights
- Notice to Terminating Employees
- Notice to Terminating Employees Questionnaire
- Final Paycheck Worksheet
- Final Paycheck Acknowledgement
- Termination Agreement
- Employer Property Return Agreement
Click on the link(s) to download the Employee Termination Sample Forms below: