Sample Employee Cell Phone Access and Usage Policy
Cell phones are used by [Company Name] employees for internal and external communication. For the purposes of this company policy, cell phones are understood to include any device that receives or makes phone calls, sends text messages, leaves phone messages, surfs the internet or downloads and allows for the reading and responding of emails, whether the device is company supplied or personally owned.
This policy applies to all [Company Name] employees.
- Access to Company Supplied Cellular Phones
- Cell phone services are always provided to all employees that require them based on their need and job function or to increase company efficiency and provide safety and/or security. This includes managers and safety advisors also.
- Use of Company Supplied Cellular Phones
- [Company Name] supplied cellular phones, other means of communication, are to be used to support the company’s business.
- Employees can use [Company Name] supplied cellular phones to communicate with others inside and outside of the company when the communication is related to legitimate company activities and are within their job assignments and/or responsibilities. However, occasional personal cellular phone calls are acceptable.
- All [Company Name] supplied cell phones using all communications (verbal, written or other) must meet professional standards of conduct.
- Employees can use [Company Name] supplied cell phones for any legitimate security, safety or emergency purposes.
- Employees cannot use [Company Name] supplied cell phones for disruptive, illegal, unethical or unprofessional activities, for personal gain, or for purposes that would damage the interest of [Company Name].
- Use of Personal Cellular Phones
- Employees that use their personal cellular phones for business purposes should limit this to a necessity. Unavoidable business-related calls that incurred costs will be reimbursed as per [Company Name] policy.
- Employees that use persona cell phones for their personal reasons during work hours is not allowed unless it is a matter requiring immediate attention. Employees are to use coffee and lunch breaks to use their personal cell phone for personal matters.
- Employees can use personal cell phones for any legitimate security, safety or emergency purposes.
- Important: Failure to follow this policy could result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Sample Employee Cell Phone Access and Usage Policy (PDF) Sample Employee Cell Phone Access and Usage Policy (WORD)